Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation


We went to Lily's "graduation" today.
It was unbearably cute! 

Here is Lily, thrilled as can be, during the "heigh ho" march.


This is after we got her attention and told her to smile.
The other kids look almost as cheerful as she does.



My attempt at capturing Lily receive her diploma.

Fail.

In my defense, I was using a fixed lens (can't zoom in or out) and I was unable to back up. They called her name too quickly for me to move to the aisle. ALSO. My lens has been so weird lately. The focus ring keeps sticking. It took forEVER for me to get the pic below because my lens was being so finicky.
So there you go. 
A dumb excuse for a terrible photograph.

Here is Lily looking happy and more like herself for the first time during the entire program
She LOVES her teacher, Mrs. Rudd.


Another attempt at a photo with Mr. Gentile, the principle. He closed his dang eyes, but it's a billion times better than the first one!
(thumbs up! yeah!!)


Little Miss First-Grader



and here's a video montage of all the cute songs the kids sang. Hang on to your hats, folks; Lily is bursting at the seams with excitement. and I'm being sarcastic. but I didn't need to tell you that.

The Kindergarten program was so adorable. Lily may not have seemed super enthused during her performances but she's been singing these songs at the top of her lungs for the last week or so. The rest of us pretty much know them by heart from hearing her sing all day. It's the cutest.
Also, pay close attention to the some of the other kids, especially the little boy behind Lily. Where she is lacking in spiritedness, he is definitely filling in. hahah:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck! She is so cute! And SOOOO enthusiastic:) I loved that song montage! I miss my little Lily so much. I can hardly believe that she is going into 1st grade already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her adorable little freckles on her nose. She is so cute. and she is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute diploma and a cuter little girl!

    ReplyDelete