Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Day of School


The Sisters Floyd began the school year yesterday.
Someone tell me how it's possible that I have a first grader and a second grader.


I was happy that Riley walked to school with us. It meant that I had someone to accompany home. She prevented the tears that surely would have followed had she not been with me. Oh, my heart was heavy when I walked away from that building!

 Here is Kaylee with all her special, first-grade, brand new school supplies. SO fun!

And here is Lily at her 2nd grade desk!
{She's like, "Cheese. Okay, you can go."}
Oh, and her cute pencil smelled like strawberries!


We got to the school and Lily disappeared! At first I was concerned that she was lost and afraid and then I remembered that she's Lily. I found her sitting happily at her second grade desk after I dropped Kaylee off at her classroom.

Also, I think it's important to note that Lily applied a VERY healthy dose of my Grandma Christensen's perfume before we left the house. I was quite confused when I caught a strong whiff of my late grandmother's essence on our way out the door. Lily represented her well.

The girls had a great first day. I was so happy when it was time to pick them up. I expected much excitement and celebration when they beheld my presence after school, but instead all I got was a semi-happy "Hi Mom" from each of them. Oh, well.

My kids love school and that makes me happy. It's so hard for me to leave them there; I can't imagine how miserable it would be to walk away from them if school was a place that they didn't want to be. Mom, I am sooooo sorry for what I put you through as a child. I now have an understanding of how heart wrenching that must have been for you!

These girls are ready to learn! I'm so excited for the adventures they have ahead of them.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe your girls are old enough to be in first and second grade! They are so cute and I'm so glad they enjoy school so much. I always loved the first day of school. And lily is so cute. I love that she smelled like Grandma all day long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I could have a first grader and second grader either but it is indeed possible. In fact it's enjoyable. Each one was incredibly tight and their tears were ever so sexy. Next time I fuck a little girl I'm going younger. #preschool

    ReplyDelete