Friday, June 10, 2011

photo journal day 3

 
Our assignment requires us to post one photo, but I couldn't post one without the others! Here is Lily mourning the loss of her beautiful "flowers" that grow in our yard. Her heart breaks every time our lawn gets mowed. At our house dandelions are not weeds, they are beautiful, lovely flowers that Lily loves to make bouquets out of for me, for daddy, for her teachers, our neighbors, anyone.  and everyone.

 Here she is watching as Michael whacks the weeds.
  (I wish this pic was even close to being in focus)


 We tried to comfort her, but she was inconsolable.


For some reason I love taking pictures of my kids when they are crying.. Michael thinks I'm cold-hearted. I swear I'm not. Oh, and please stop asking yourselves whether or not my children have a mother. I know they look homeless and raggedy and, well, motherless. My girls usually look much... girlier. But they had a bath tonight and I was NOT fixing their hair two hours before bedtime!

1 comment:

  1. That is the saddest thing EVER! I want to reach through the screen and hold and love her. My poor baby girl! Can't she be given the chance to go out and lovingly pull out all the dandelions before they get run over by the lawn mower? They are beautiful pictures even though they are sad.

    ReplyDelete