Tuesday, June 28, 2011

a recipe

I don't post recipes because this isn't THAT kind of blog. BUT. I am in looove with this fudge.  It tastes just like the center of my favorite candy from See's, the Butterscotch Squares.

yummmmmm. 


I don't remember where I found this recipe. It's originally called Penuche Fudge but I'm calling it See's Butterscotch fudge. I'm not even sure how to say p.e.n.u.c.h.e.


See's Butterscotch Fudge

2 c brown sugar (packed, of course!)
1 c white sugar
1 c heavy cream
2 TB light corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Butter (or Pam) an 8x8 dish. In medium saucepan over medium heat combine everything except for the vanilla. Stir until sugar is dissolved and heat, stirring minimally, until it reaches soft ball stage (234 to 240 degrees). Remove from heat and let cool without stirring. When the bottom of the pan is warm enough to touch pour the vanilla and beat until creamy. Pour into prepared dish and let cool completely before cutting into squares.

yummmmmmm. I am trying NOT to let this be every meal.

I am not a food photographer. Don't trust the picture, trust ME. These are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment