Sunday, August 26, 2012

No Pictures:(

so... I would really, really, REALLY love to post some pictures but here's the thing... I downloaded a Lightroom 30 day free trial and I loved it so much that now I'm all snobby about it. My trial period is up  and I don't want to edit any of my pictures with out it. I'm working up the courage to just buy it already. I'm going to do it. But not right now. Instead I will give a brief update on life in the Floyd Family.

My sister, Emma, arrived a week ago. She is going to live with us for the school year and see what a big school with lots of Mormon friends is like. She also gets to experience an actual Young Women's program. In Lone Pine (home branch) she is the only young woman in Young Women's, and for that matter, the only youth in the branch period. It will be so fun for her to experience life in "The Bubble" and I am so very excited about all the fun she gets to have. We toured the huge and beautiful brand new high school last week and all I kept saying was, "I want to do high school again!!" I graduated in a class of 3. 1, 2, 3. That's it. and no, I was not Valedictorian. People always ask me that and I hang my head in shame.

ANYWAYS! The girls started school on Wednesday; Lily, Kaylee, and Emma. I think it's safe to say they all loved it. I think that Emma was a little shell-shocked but she will fit right in and I just know she'll love school. She made two new friends in her first 3 days and each day she is more and more excited about life at a big school. I knew Lily would be totally and completely fine but I was a little concerned about Kaylee. I'm still concerned about Kaylee, but so far she's doing fanTAStic. When I am walking her to her classroom she starts to get a little clingy, but as soon as she sees the other kids she is good to go. She walks away from me and doesn't really look back. So far, so good. She is one unpredictable child, that girl. I hope she keeps it up and just loves school every day forever and ever. I asked her what her favorite part of school was after her first day and she said "LEARNING!" (yes! That's my girl!!) Lily's favorite part of school was going to lunch. ahem.

New subject. Michael's diploma came in the mail! YES! So did his official transcript, and he's going to be upset with me for telling you this, but between you and me, since he began school at BYU Idaho his lowest grade was a B+ in his EMT class his very first semester. He said that was his "slacker semester". As I looked at that transcript and read over semester after semester of straight A's I found myself increasingly proud of that boy! I reminisced as I read the dates of each semester and remembered moves to new houses, births of babies, trips to visit family, and I was reminded of his diligence and all of his hard, HARD work. I am so proud of him and so grateful for this cute husband of mine. He one hard worker. And I love and adore him for it. Tonight he is away from me. He's in Montana because at 8:00am tomorrow he will take his NCLEX. He is so incredibly nervous, but I know he'll do just fine. I'm confident that he will pass with flying colors.

That's pretty much all I can think of for tonight. It's late and I'm tired. It seems that no matter what the circumstances are or how tired I am, I simply can NOT get to bed before 11pm. If I stop writing now, I will be in bed at a quarter 'til. Oh, and I have pictures of everything I just wrote about; I'll post them... either after I purchase Lightroom or after I humble myself.



2 comments:

  1. My dear Katie, you write so well. Even though I already know everything you wrote about, it was entertaining to read. You should write a book. Congrats to Michael. I'm so proud of you both. I love you both. I love those babies of yours. And I love that sister of yours. Thank you for being such a great wife, mother, daughter and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell michael congrats!! that is so exciting. and im agreeing with everything mom said above; you are so cute. thanks for being such a great example to me, katie :) love you!

    ReplyDelete